Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gift Ideas for the Distracted Person in Your Life


An attendee at a Lansing area workshop a couple of months ago told me about the Smartpen. I tweeted about it without actually having had a chance to look at it myself. So I was psyched to meet someone who was actually using the Smartpen to take notes at a recnet Lend Me Your Brain workshop!



There are a number of time/project management tools for distracted students and adults. One that's caught my eye recently is Skoach. Anybody have experience with this one?



The Pomodoro Technique is a sweet way (it's a plastic timer shaped like a tomato!) to take advantage of "chunking." The idea is to commit to a period of uninterrupted work and then commit to a break.

I was first sold on "chunking" a few years ago after reading Dave Lakhani's The Power of an Hour, and use something a bit simpler - a plain kitchen timer.







photo: i love you

No comments:

Post a Comment